Wednesday 11 June 2008

I,m Feeding The Local Wildlife

And no,not by choice! On my last post Iwas complaining about the weeds growing inbetween the carrots only to find the other day AL weeds and NO carrots just little stalks,have cleared the strip and resown and covered it up think rabbits might be guilty. next to my newly transplanted french beans well they were french beans
Photobucket
slugs?birds? then the sweetcorn. birds here I think! covered them as well
Photobucket
think they took a battering from high winds as well
So what about the lovely healthy runner beans, not quite so damaged but not looking good
Photobucket
the PSB and russian kale is also being slugged so I keep replacing from spares at home. also have resown french beans and runners THIS IS WAR and I aint beaten yet
On a lighter note still harvesting spring greens and the lettuce is plentiful
Photobucket
And this is one of my favourites,it,s an annual called Cerinthe
Photobucket
We are having a dry spell at the moment but rain is expected over the next few days
everything is belting up,I am sure things will get better by the next time I post

No comments: