Monday 31 March 2008

It,s British Summer Time ( Thats Official)

And the sun has been shining! I remembered to put the clocks forward 1 hour went to bed early sunday night and forgot to set the alarm and woke up exactly !hour later then I should have, cuz my body clock remained unchanged!!!
Have been to plot 2 days running the Kelsae and Lydl onions that were planted last week,look good. have put in Red Fuego cabbage,Cauli Nessie and Savoy King with All Year Round Lettuce in between as a catch crop

Photobucket
Also put a row of Mangetout Pea Oregon SugarPod and covered them with chicken wire.not sure about putting them straight in the ground as there are mice around, time will tell
I have noticed the amount of worms in the soil all down to it being well manured this year I think! it feels good that things are begining to happen and I cannot help thinking back to last year when my ankle was in plaster all through a very hot April and every thing had to be put on hold. Makes being able to dig and plant feel very good