Wednesday 20 August 2008

Nice Of You To Drop By

Looking around my allotment I notices quite a few volunteers (no don,t mean spuds)some are things I have planted in the past others have just dropped in
Photobucket
A pansy growing amongst the runner beans
Photobucket
Lemon balm, makes lovely tea,think I will replant this in a pot as it spreads
Photobucket
Bronze Fennel again by the beans, will replant this when it dies back
Camomile I planted this 5 years ago,lots of uses including a relaxing tea
Photobucket
This Bee is a welcome guest! no shortage of them on the marigolds
Photobucket
These Sparrows are in my front garden. this is taken through my home window
These Sarpo Potatoes are still green and healthy although Blight has killed potatoes all around them. have dug some up,they are tasty and a good size only thing is slugs are getting at them as it is sooo wet! will try to dig them up when (if) we get a few days of dry weather
Photobucket
This weeks harvest
Photobucket
Here are the Salad Leaves I sowed weeks ago. think I might start some more!!
Photobucket
Time to look to the future! These are the winter cabbage just waiting for room
Leaminton Cauli,Avron Cauli,January King,Savoy Emerald and Torvoy
Photobucket
Spring Greens and winter onions just sprouting.Sushyu and Sonic onions.Brassicas are Winter Green,April,Early Queen and Flower of Spring,doesnt seem like 5 mins ago I was eating this years!

2 comments:

Seahorse said...

I think sometimes the unexpected guests are the nicest! Good to see that the Sarpo Mira really do seem to be blight resistant.

I love all the harvest pics. wow!

Kevin Stelfox said...

I hate it when unexpected guests call in on me. Just my opinion

50 Plus
early pension
pension solutions
Mortgage Adviser Jobs
50 Plus
Annuity
50 Plus