Monday 3 December 2007

Trust Nature To Lift Depression

Yes there I was feeling headachy and flat as I looked out of my front window at the sparrows and starlings eating sunflower oil and bread, what a pity I don,t see greenfinches any more I thought, mourning their absence seemed to suit my mood, then a flash of red caught my eye, I raced up stairs for the binoculars ( which I had only found the day before)and saw to my delight a pair of goldfinches feasting on
the teazles. I managed to get some pics through the (not very clean)window
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I love the starlings and sparrows we mostly get in the garden joined by bluetits and more recently a robin but I have only saw a goldfinch once before in my life so my special visitor made a dark dreary day a bit brighter

2 comments:

Seahorse said...

How lovely! I saw a Goldfinch at the lottie quite recently for probably the first time in about 30 years! I'm making a note to grow some teazels :)

Shady Gardener said...

Your goldfinch is a little different (and quite beautiful) from my goldfinch! I'm in Iowa/USA. I've had fun visiting your site. :-)