Tuesday 23 October 2007

Talking Dirty (and smelly)

Well it arrived!! a big pile of cow poo! truck driver didn,t want to reverse down grass path and when he did, wouldn,t go off it to dump on adrians plot so the lot went on the grass path, we did put some plastic down which helped but it took Ian and I app 1 hour to move about 4ton of manure here is my share
Photobucket
I went back up in the afternoon to begin spreading it. just enough for the full plot could have used the lot. know better next time if I am barmey enough for there to be a next time
also have ordered next years potatoes. wow I am thinking ahead. thought I would go for some really good ones this time so I ordered from Thompson and Morgan if these don,t do well nothing will. I am trying blight resistant main crop here is my list
Accent 1st for new potatoes these usually crop before blight appears £3.69 for 20
Romano 2nds B+ slug resistant these are red skinned £3.69 for 20
Sarpo Axona late maincrop B is around bad when these are ready £4.49 for 20
Sarpo Mira late maincrop again these are B busters £4.49 for 20

2 comments:

Seahorse said...

Isn't it funny! Only a very select group of people could be so excited to be geting a pile of poo delivered!

I'll be interested to see how you get on with the T&M spuds. I'm hoping to have my ground clear enough to plant some in spring :)

Melanie Rimmer said...

I agree, Seahorse. I am also part of the "happy to get poo" club. I was watching the news one day and it was about some circus elephants who escaped and trampled a few suburban gardens before being rounded up. My 8-year-old daughter said "I don't know why those people are complaining. They got some great poo!" That's my girl.