Saturday 8 December 2007

It,s Wet, Very, Very Wet

Finally made it to my patch or should I say patches as I have one and a half plots
a short walk apart.I have been concerned about the winter brassicas which I had mulched with "soil improver" from a local composting site,I worried that they didn,t look as happy as before, so I bought a kit in case I had put a lot of acid soil on them, it didn,t show the actual PH but showed up dark green not orange which put my mind to rest. however I vowed to test first before I put unknown stuff on them
well they didn,t look too bad today the kale was sending out new leaves and sprouts and PSB werelooking OK. The nets had stood up to the storms but everywhere was slushy with standing water.I dug up parsnip and carrots,picked kale and some sprouts
then noticed the sky was darkening again, the few hours of sunshine between storms was over, took this pic as I left
Photobucket

No comments: